Dishes good as gold for St Patrick’s Day
While many Aussies enjoy a tipple on St. Patrick’s day, we are celebrating the traditional Feast of St. Patrick with delicious ‘Irish-green’ inspired meals, certain to inspire a festive mood.
In Melbourne, the legendary burger experts Phat Stacks have developed an exclusive, limited edition ‘Lucky Clover Green Burger’ for St Patrick’s Day. The delectable bright green burger is available from Phat Stacks Burger Bar Camberwell from 12 – 17 March.
Also up for grabs are some special ‘Leprechaun’s Pot Gold Bun Burgers’- the gold burgers, worth $60 RRP, are painted with real 24-carat gold and will be gifted to ten customers, free of charge, alongside their Lucky Clover Green Burger purchase.*
For those not based in Melbourne, fear not! We’ve rounded up the best green dishes from across Australia so you can celebrate Paddy’s Day in true shamrock style.
Looking to heat things up this St Pat’s day?
- Order the Green Curry from Thai Tasty Kitchen (Greenslopes, QLD)
- Order the Green Chicken Curry from Green Chillies Darwin (Darwin, NT)
Or have a more chilled St Paddy’s day…
- Order the Pistachio Heaven Ice Cream from Fritz Gelato (Richmond, VIC)
Could go for a drink but trying to stay healthy?
- Order the Matcha Cream Latte at Yellow Stage (Eastwood, NSW)
- Order the Green Glow Super Smoothie from Micky’s (Paddington, NSW)
Or maybe you’re down for a sweet green treat!
- Order the Baby Jiggle Matcha from Jiggle Cheesecake (Eastwood, NSW)
Watching your waistline?
- Order the Carrot and Celery – Hummus from Lunchbox (West Perth, WA)
- Order the Green Bowl from Lid & Jar (Chatswood, NSW)
- Order the Mixed leaf salad from Di Palmas (Kew, VIC)
- Order the Poke Bowl from Sandbar Café & Restaurant (Marcoola, QLD)
- Order Eggs and Avocado Toast from Mayfair Espresso Café (Canberra, ACT)
- Order Chips and Guacamole from Zambrero (Hobart, TAS)
Perhaps a cross-cultural St Patrick’s Day is more your style?